Today, new forms of thinking are required for imagining improvement of the world. Everyone is capable of multiple forms of thinking, multiple intelligences, and the design fields cultivate these new forms of thinking. From Design Thinking to Architectural Intelligence, there is a great range of ways to liberate the imagination. In this talk, we will learn about design ecologies, design futures, and how the skill of thinking of multiples empowers designers to liberate new worlds. To inspire, this ambitious visual presentation will show examples from art and science of how to imagine and build differently, in a world of flux and flow, to produce work of wonder and delight.
Date: Friday, 26 June 2020 | 16:00-16:45 IST
Topic: Multiple Intelligences, Multiple Ecologies
- 1555-1600 - Login and Standby on Zoom
- 1600-1603 - Opening Remarks and Introduction
- 1603-1623 - Master Speaks: Dr Thomas E. Mical, Dean, Jindal School of Art & Architecture, MS.Arch. (Harvard University)
- 1623-1628 - Fireside Chat on Technology
- 1628-1645 - Discussion and Q&A
Thomas has taught 50 design studios and has been a tenured professor in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. He has been teaching and researching globally on modern theories of architecture and urbanism over a long career.